If you are stuck inside and looking for an activity to do with your preschooler, I have just the thing! Lots of parents, teachers and preschoolers love printables, because they are fun to do and *mostly* mess free!
CVC words or consonant-vowel-consonant words are a great starting point for new readers. CVC words are a great place to start preschoolers out at with sounding out words. Once they get down the letter sounds and build confidence, they will be reading in no time!
Keep scrolling for a free printable form below!
Related Post: Snowglobe Number Matching: Free Printable
What Comes with this Winter Snowflake CVC Word Strips Free Printable
It contains 10 pages of snowflakes with 4 per age. Each strip has a different picture on it with 3 blocks to spell the word.
I suggest cutting these out in cardstock to ensure they are reusable and won’t rip as easily. It’s also possible to laminate these to make extra sturdy!
How to Use the Winter Snowflake CVC Word Strips Printable
Other Ways you can use the CVC Wordstrips
- Match the Word to the Picture– Cut the word boxes away from the picture. Spell out a few of the words and have your preschooler match them up.
- Spell out the word– Spell out the word, leaving one sound blank, and have your little one fill in the blank.
- Write a Sentence– Write a sentence using some of your CVC word strips.
Try These Other Winter Printables
These aren’t the only winter printables I have for you to try with your kids! Grab some of my other worksheets that your kids will love.
- Winter Animals- Free Printable Worksheets for Preschool
- Winter Preschool Bundle
- Free Printable Winter Cutting Strips for Preschool
- Winter Mitten ABC Matching Free Printable
- Winter Dot Activities
- Free Printable Winter Snowman Letter Matching
Other Ways to Teach Your Child CVC Words
Of course, there are plenty of other ways to teach and practice CVC words with your child. Here are a few suggestions.
- Listen for Sounds in Words-Say the word and then emphasize each sound that you hear.
- Find the Missing Sound– Write out the CVC word leaving out one sound, like this b_t. Have your kiddos fill in the missing sound.
- Make a CVC Word List– Keep track of all the CVC words you are learning by writing a list for everyone to see.
- Play I Spy– Have your preschooler point out different CVC words that they see like: hat, bat, tub, rug, etc.
- Read, Then Write– Have them read the word, then write it down.
Being cooped up inside doesn’t have to be boring! There are lots you can do and tons your littles can learn!
Let me know what your favorite printables are in the comments below!
Looking for more Winter Activities? Visit my shop for a huge selection of winter activities for toddlers & preschoolers such as this amazing Winter Busy Binder with 19 pages of activities for your little one! Only $5.75!
Never miss an update!! Get access to more freebies, discounts, and new products by signing up for our email list here.
Follow me on Facebook for even more updates on freebies, articles, tips, and activities.