Summer is nearly here! That means it is time for water parks, hiking, swimming, camping, and more.
With all your amazing ideas to complete with your kids this summer, you may be looking for a way to keep all those ideas organized. Summer is all about fun and you don’t want to miss a minute of it with your little ones.
One of our favorite things to do each summer is to compile a bucket list of activities to complete. That way we don’t forget anything that we want to do throughout the summer.
If you are having a difficult time coming up with all the ideas for activities, don’t give it another thought! I have created a summer bucket list just for you and your family! (Download below)
So whether you have a ton of ideas already and are just looking for a way to check each one off the list, or you need a list to get you started, my summer bucket list for kids is the perfect free printable for you. I’ve also created two different versions – one for kids who can read, and another with just pictures for toddlers and preschoolers who are still learning.
What is a Bucket List?
A bucket list is simply a list of experiences that you are wanting to complete. You can have bucket lists for your life, for holidays, or seasons.
Summer bucket lists are the best because it is the perfect tool to help overcome the inevitable boredom that can often come up during the summer when kids are out of school. Get your kids away from screen time and binge eating and get them outdoors trying new things!
When you are deciding on a bucket list it is important to choose activities that go along with the season and/or that your child will enjoy. Luckily for you I’ve done all the hard work for you with my free printable summer bucket list! (Download Below!)
Activities for Outdoors:
Looking for some fun activities to complete with your kids outdoors this summer? Look no further! Here are a few of my favorite outdoor activities.
- Hiking or walking outside – Whether you place your baby in a stroller or use a baby carrier (or even just your arms), getting outside and moving is a perfect experience for your little ones.
- Tummy Time Outdoors– Shake up your tummy time routine a bit and allow your baby to complete tummy time outside! You can grab a blanket, a Pop n Play and a few toys and take it outside. The warm sunshine will do you both some good!
- Picnics – Sit your baby on a blanket outside and picnic together. If your baby isn’t eating foods just yet- nurse them outdoors while you have a snack.
- Sensory Play- Sensory play is a key element for development in babies and you can find all kinds to complete outdoors! Allow your little one to crawl in the grass, dirt, or sand. Just be careful to watch them closely!
- Water Play – Fill some bowls with water and let your baby splash around.
Related Post: Tips and Ideas for Being Outside with Babies
For Toddlers & Preschoolers:
- Splash pads or wading pools – toddlers and preschoolers love getting wet! Take your little one to a splash pad or fill a small wading pool with water and let them play!
- Hit the Trails– Your little ones can practice walking and running outdoors on some fun trails. The varying terrains are a perfect place to get in those gross motor skills!
- Playgrounds– Playgrounds are the perfect place for your little ones to practice all kinds of fine and gross motor skills.
- Balls– Outdoors is the perfect time for ball play! There is nothing around to break! Give your little one a ball and let them throw, kick, and roll.
- Bubbles– Kids love bubbles! Plus they are cheap and easy to find.
Related Post: Outdoor Summer Must-Haves for Toddlers
Activities for Rainy Days:
Even though it is summer, you may not be able to spend all your time outdoors. This is when it is good to have some rainy day activities up your sleeve! Here are a few to keep handy for those inevitable rainy days.
- Bath time– Bring water play indoors and run a small shallow bath for your baby to splash around in. If your baby isn’t old enough to sit up just yet they will still have fun in a baby bath.
- Music– Put on some music and dance around with your little one!
- Busy Board– Make up a DIY busy board for your little one to explore.
- Record sounds– record your babies babbling and play it back for them. Watch their cute expressions!
- Sing nursery songs– Baby loves to hear you talk/sing. Sing some fun nursery songs for your little one.
For Toddlers & Preschoolers:
- Obstacle Course – Set up a tiny obstacle course of cushions, blankets and chairs, step stools and more. Your little one will love navigating through it.
- Sensory Play– Find a tub and fill it with pasta, flour, or even water! Add some measuring cups and spoons and watch your little ones have fun for hours!
- Movie Day– Pop some popcorn and let your littles pick out a movie- they will love it!
- Crafts– Rainy days are the perfect day to bring out all the crafts.
- Baking– Bake some cookies, or a cake! Your littles will love helping and the result is delicious!
Summer is all about fun! Make sure you make the best of it with your little ones by completing the free downloadable summer bucket list! (Download Below!) Do you plan to use the summer bucket list? Let me know in the comments below!