Mother’s Day is approaching and it’s the perfect opportunity to make a mom feel extra special. Being gifted a personalized craft from their toddler or preschooler is the most precious gift they could receive for Mother’s Day.
I created these free printable Mother’s Day Craft that is super simple!
I am not one for fancy Pinterest-perfect crafts and activities. Using too many materials (especially messy ones) just gets too overwhelming with my crazy preschoolers.
I’ll forego paint and sand for a simple printable activity any day. Check it out below and your students or children can make their own this spring.
Mother’s Day Handprint Flower Craft
I created 4 different versions of this activity for any type of mom out there on Mother’s Day. There is one for Mom, Grandma, Aunt, and a blank one for the student to fill in.
This activity needs only a couple simple materials:
- Free printable sheet
- Construction paper (green and blue preferred, but can use any colors)
- Glue stick
You can allow your child to do as much or as little as possible depending on their age. Toddlers and early preschoolers may only be able to color the picture and leave their hand down for you to trace.
Older preschoolers or pre-k students may be able to color, trace their own hand, attempt to cut out some pieces, and glue them down to the construction paper.
- Sign up and download the free printable Mother’s Day craft below.
- Print the sheet, selecting which option you need: Mom, Grandma, Aunt, or Blank.
- Have student color the flowers and pot any color that they wish. Choose which color construction paper that you’re using for the hand trace and the background and try not to use the same colors.
- Trace child’s hand on construction paper. The hand will be the stems of the flowers so ideally you would use green construction paper.
- Cut out flowers, hand, and pot.
- Use glue stick to glue hand onto construction paper. Then glue pot on the bottom of the hand and flowers on the tips of each finger.
- You can have the child write anything on the bottom of the pot. I love you or just their name would be nice.
Related Post: 18 Children’s Books About Mom for Mother’s Day
Now you have a super simple craft to give to mom as a special way to say Happy Mother’s Day from their young one.