Easter is coming up and the kids are getting so excited for the upcoming festivities. We’ve already done 3 Easter egg hunts and 2 Breakfasts with The Easter Bunny and they’re still begging for more.
My daughter has been loving the game of hopscotch lately so I made this fun Easter Bunny Hop gross motor activity for her to do at home.
I included the free printables which you can download and print below. I made them in both color and black and white so you can have your child color the pictures as well.
How to Use
The directions are simple!
- Sign up and download the free printable bunny hop sheets below.
- If you choose the black and white images, have your children color each bunny.
- Laminate them (optional)
- Cut out the circles
- Tape them to the ground in a hopscotch pattern. I used painters tape and just stuck it to the back, but you can also tape down the edges to make sure it doesn’t move. I only used numbers 1-12, but I included numbers up to 18 if you needed more.
Have your child or student use two feet to hop on 1 and 2 and then 1 foot to hop on 3, and so on.
If your child has trouble coordinating their body for the hopscotch activity, you can vary it in different ways.
- Have them jump with two feet to each number as they count: 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
- Have them jump with feet open and then closed (skipping the 1 footed hop): 1 and 2, then 3 with both feet.
Gross Motor Activity
This is a great Easter gross motor activity for little ones as they learn the following skills:
- Hop on one foot
- Jump with two feet
- Gross motor coordination
- Motor planning
This would be a great activity for a school hallways outside of the PT room to use during the week before Easter.
I hope your child or students love this fun gross motor Easter activity! Check out some other fun spring and Easter activities here.