Fall is approaching, and that means all things apples! Apples are a quintessential fall theme since all of the local orchards open for picking. Who doesn’t love some apple cider? So, grab some apple printables to go along with the theme.
I love all things apples.
It’s a great theme because it works for multiple ages. Toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners and older all enjoy this theme.
Apples are pretty universal!
I put together this set of printables as math practice. I suggest printing these on cardstock so they last longer than one use, or try printing and laminating. That takes more time though.
Practice Math with These Apple printables
These apple number match is great for toddlers and preschoolers who need practice counting from 1-20. They work on various skills, such as:
- Practice Counting
- Number Recognition
- One-to-One Correspondence
It’s easy to see how these apple printables work so well. Each time your child picks up the half of the card with seeds, he has to count the seeds. That gives plenty of practice counting for useful activities.
Kids also get to look at the numbers multiple times, helping practice their number recognition skills!
How to Use Apple Number Matching Printables
These are easy to use!
Start by printing and cutting out each square. Then, cut down the middle of the apple on the provided dotted line. I suggest starting off with the numbers your child knows comfortably to build up his confidence.
Mix up the cards and lay them out on the table. Your child has to match the number to the card with the correct number of apple seeds. As your child’s ability to count increases, you can add more cards in.
You can make this printable even more fun by hiding the cards with the seeds throughout your living or dining room. Your child has to find the card and bring it back, correctly matching it with the number.
Getting your kids active is a great way to use any type of printable! Here are some other ideas:
- If laminated, use dot markers to count the seeds.
- Place apple erasers on top of the seeds as your child counts.
Other Apple Activity Ideas
Why not print out these apple printables and use them with other apple-themed activities? Fall is such a fun time; it’s easy to come up with so many ideas to try with your toddlers and preschoolers.
- Make an apple-themed sensory table. Fill the bin with oats, cinnamon sticks, and red pom poms.
- Study and learn the parts of an apple.
- Have an apple tasting day! Cut different types of apples up and have your kids decide which ones they like the best.
- Make an apple paper craft by cutting out squares of red construction paper or red tissue paper and glue them into an apple outline.
- Cut apples in half, dip them into paint, and make art with them.
I hope you enjoy these awesome Apple printables with your kids. They’re fun and useful – and FREE!